6.14.2012

Color Blocking Style

Contributing Stylist - Caitlin

This summer there are a lot of really great style trends. One that I'm really digging is color blocking. There are a couple ways to pull off this trend. The one that I am partial to, and what I think looks the best is picking two colors next to each other on the color wheel, and wearing those colors as solids. If you need to brush up on your color wheel, please look at the chart below.



When wearing bright color block items, you want to keep your jewelry simple. I opted for a white stone necklace. Since my color blocking was in my top and skirt I went with a nude sandal. I do also love a bright pant and shoe combo! I kept my hair style and makeup simple, since my color blocking is the main statement in my look. I used a coral or peach colored lip gloss, (Jane Iredale Apricot Fizz) to complete the look. There are lots of great stores out there selling brightly colored clothes. My personal favorite is Target, or as I like to call it, bullseye boutique. They sell lots of great trendy clothes at an even better price! Have fun this summer and make a statement with those colors! For even more makeup and hair choices, stop by Roca Salon and ask your stylist, or myself about how to update your style.


No comments:

Post a Comment