4.24.2013

I Want THIS Style!


By Contributing Stylist Janice

Let's just say you were a child of the 80's...chances are, you cut out a picture of Meg Ryan and took it to your stylist and said "I want THIS hair!  Cut my hair this way, style my hair this way, teach me to fix my hair like THIS!"   Or, I can't tell you how many times Jennifer Anniston's photo has been brought to a salon!

When I excitedly went in to my particular stylist, clutching my photo of Meg, she told me (thank goodness), "Um, your hair will not do that because she has fine, naturally-wavy hair, which is a much different texture than your hair."   That is the correct answer.  YOUR hair envelops your individuality.  Trust your stylist and learn what works for your hair and what doesn't.  There is a LOOK that will make and all of your best facial features pop.   

This leads me to most of my point (whew).  When you enter ROCA Salon & Spa, there is a wall of home care products staring at you.  One would think at first "Holy Toledo! How do I choose?"  There is shampoo for long, limp, color treated, fine, dry, stressed hair and that is just one line of shampoo.  Don't get me started on conditioners or specialty treatments.    

These professional roducts are products made strictly for your specific hair type and concerns.  Your stylist can prescribe the exact product best suited for YOU!  Why go to a beauty outlet or drug store and wander the isles and GUESS?  (Especially when our salon guarantees the same price!)  So, when you see various products like "#10 Universal Polishing Coat", "#13 Mat Forming Ground", "#6 Glossy Plasteline", "#4 Glossy Modelling Putty", "#7 Crystal Fixative Lacquer", etc., KNOW that the reason is simple - there are tons of types of hair texture, density, and stress-levels, and you can learn what yours is and what is best for your locks. Ask your stylist and begin nurturing now!  Oh, and let your stylist guide you to a perfect style to suit your own hair and features!

No comments:

Post a Comment